I am really making use of hot cocoa this holiday season. I want to have a hot cocoa bar available this year and therefore I have the tough job of sampling a bunch of hot cocoa combinations to make sure they taste good. The problem is that everything tastes good with hot cocoa…everything. But – it was a no-brainer that Whipped Cream Vodka would taste good with cocoa.
I saw this vodka from Pinnacle at the liquor store and I knew that it would work well with the cocoa as well as with many other drinks. I was thinking that this would mix well with just orange juice and add a sweet twist to orange juice and vodka. Pinnacle and other vodka companies are really expanding their flavor selections and I really enjoy exploring the different combinations.
This holiday season I plan on making a large batch of hot cocoa and putting it into a crockpot to keep warm. Beside that I would have various additions people can make to the hot cocoa such as Whipped Cream Vodka, Peppermint Bark Vodka, RumChata, marshmallows, whipped cream, chocolate bits, etc…. People can make their own flavored drinks and enjoy the night sipping a nice warm drink. I love the simplicity and the variability that this will provide. I can’t wait til the party.
- 2 1/2 c. whole milk
- 2 c. half and half
- 6 Tbs. cocoa powder
- 10 Tbs. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- dash salt
- 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 to 1 1/2 c. Whipped Cream Vodka (add more or less depending on taste)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Mini marshmallows (optional)
- 1 Tbs. shaved chocolate (optional)
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add the milk, half and half, cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Heat to simmer and remove from heat immediately. Stir well.
- Add the chocolate morsels and stir until melted.
- Add Whipped Cream Vodka and stir to combine.
- Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream, marshmallows and shaved chocolate.